Friday, March 11, 2011

RUNNING a 5K tomorrow - OFFICIALLY!!!!!!

I am running the 6 tunnels to Hoover Dam 5K tomorrow!!! Yay and Yikes!!!!!

Have I mentioned how I have always hated running and how I could never do it and how ASTONISHED I am that I actually CAN run?  I mean, I am pretty slow and I know I'm awkward and I probably look really weird doing it, but I am RUNNING now!  So weird.

As far back as elementary school I wanted to run, but after two minutes my chest would be heaving and I would be gasping for air and feeling like I was going to die.  I never understood how people became runners.  I don't really understand how -I- became a runner.  However, I really feel like I have to amp up my exercise to get 10-15 lbs off and the way that most people do it is by running.

When I started my WW journey ten years ago, I never thought I actually would be able to get the whole way to goal.  140 lbs seemed so far away and I never thought I could get that small.  I thought that maybe I could do 170 or 160.  But you know, here I am at 150, down 67 lbs from my all time high of 217 and I reaaaaaaaaallllly want to be 140.  I just feel like my body is used to all of the exercise and activity that I have integrated into my life and that's it's used to the vegs and the natural foods.  That was one of the good things I think about the old WW Momentum program was that when you lost more weight, the number of points that you got per day would decrease.  Maybe they need to do that again???? I have been 150 +/- 2 lbs for three months.  I think running and boot camp will help immensely.

So, tomorrow I go to Boulder City and RUN a 5k.  Last year in February of 2010 I walked a 10K and almost died.  I walked a 1/2 marathon in April on this same 6 tunnels course that I am doing tomorrow.  I feel like this is going to be an amazing day for me tomorrow and that it could be potentially life-changing.  I sure hope that I can run the entire thing.  I ran 2.5 miles yesterday and I was dying so I decided to take today off and rest to be fabulous for tomorrow.

Here I am in my cool 6 Tunnels 5K t shirt that I picked up today in my race packet



my nerdiness knows no bounds, this is what I ran in yesterday, YIKES



going to work on Thursday.  Not the greatest picture but the pants make me look skinny!


But anyway for tomorrow, I have my compression pants, my race shirt, my Adidas Supernovas, my race number, my Garmin, my iPod and my camera.  I am ready to run 3.1!  Wish me luck!  recap will come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment